vendredi 22 mai 2015

Night Thoughts


NIGHT THOUGHTS


Such plans I have as I lie in bed!
They swarm and buzz inside my head.
All seem exciting and easy to do –
It’d be such fun to learn something new!

I’ll learn to speak German and visit Berlin;
I’ll go on a diet and be really thin;
I’ll finish that novel begun long ago,
Then there are so many things I’d love to sew.

The clarinet would be nice to play,
And perhaps I won’t give my guitar away.
I’ll go to art classes and paint really well -
Would I want to part with those I might sell?

Then there’s yoga and dancing and gentle gym -
I can imagine myself so fit and slim.

Finally I fall into troubled dreams
And when I awake how unreal it all seems!
I get caught up again in the daily routine
And the day is like they’ve always been.

I watch TV then read in bed
And thoughts start whirling in my head:
What if … ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire